Thursday, October 31, 2013
I love doing special things for holidays. When I ran my own child care we had such fun with crafts and special meals and treats! Piglet has a class party today and can't have a lot of what they are serving because her diet is so restricted. So I made some things at home to send with her, I never want her to feel left out because she can't eat what other kids can. Thankfully her teacher is fantastic and let me know what I needed to send so it was similar to the rest of the kids. I also wanted to make a fun lunch that was Halloween theme! Here is what I made:
Her class was getting frosted donuts as a treat so I made some chocolate donuts with frosting of course! They are gluten and dairy free. She brought one and I will freeze the rest for special treats when we need them! What I used:
Bobs Red Mill gluten and dairy free chocolate cake mix. The only reason I picked this one was because it was on sale. I followed the directions but replaced the oil with pear sauce to lessen the fat. Then scooped the batter into a zip lock bag and cut the corner so it was easier to fill the donut pan. Baked for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool.
When they were cooled I frosted them. I used Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Classic white. It is gluten and dairy free.
To make it less like cake frosting and more like donut frosting I melted in the microwave to make it thinner and then added orange food coloring. Took the donut and dipped it in the frosting and let it set. Then did the same thing with the chocolate version of the frosting and drizzled that across the orange! Dada, done! They were pretty tasty and Piglet was super excited to bring one to school!!
I also decorated a juice box as a mummy. I have seen these on Pinterest before and looked easy enough! I didn't have tape that would work on hand so just used some balloon ribbon I had and wrapped it around, taping every once in a while and glued googly eyes on! Turned out cute!
For lunch I put together a collection of fun things to eat! I made a mummy out of a turkey dog and pancake batter. I didn't have any dough on hand so just used that since I was making ghost pancakes for breakfast. Just took some and drizzled across and baked for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then used a bit of mustard for the eyes with a tooth pick. Turned out pretty cute!
Made some caterpillars out of green grapes, a pop stick, frosting and mini chocolate chips
Then decorated the outside of a jello cup, cup up some red peppers and made teeth out of apples, marshmallows and jam (ran out of peanut butter)
Pretty easy stuff to make for a special day! Happy Halloween!!
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
I needed to create a list for Piglets classroom party so thought I would share! Makes life easier when you have a list to reference. I plan to send this to family so they have a reference for parties and holidays! Hope it helps!
- Wonka Pixi Sticks
- Laffy Taffy
- Wonka Fun Dip
- Sweet Tarts
- Everlasting Gobstoppers
- Charm Blow Pops
- Ring Pops
- Dum Dum Suckers
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
- Mike and Ike
- Now and Laters
- Sour Patch Kids
- Swedish Fish
- Chewy Spree
- Fluffy Stuff Cotton Candy
- Pop Rocks
- Life Savers
- Life Savers Gummies
- Jolly Ranchers
- Hubba Bubba Gum
- Wonka Brand Bottle Caps
- Starburst Fruit Flavor Candy Corn
- Annies Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Lemon Heads
- Fruit Stripe Gum
- Red Hots
- Bazooka Push Pops
- Necco Wafers
- Fun Dip
- Original Spree
- Enjoy Life Chocolate
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- You have to cross your legs quick before you sneeze
- You change sides of the bed with your hubby so you can be closer to the bathroom. In the beginning for throwing up and after that for peeing 100 times a night!
- You crave pickles and a brownie right after
- You stop wearing shoes you have to tie because its a pain in the butt to bend to tie them
- You crave everything known to man that you cannot eat (food restrictions)
- Showering is absolutely exhausting
- The strangest commercials make you cry
- Everything makes you cry
- Strangers touch your belly. Um, hello, just because there is a tiny human growing in there doesn't mean you can touch me!
- You want to tear your husbands head off for leaving the blinker on too long in the car and then cry because you got mad at him for leaving the blinker on too long
- You get heartburn just looking at certain foods
- You HAVE to have Mexican at 10pm and are willing to drive anywhere to find it if your hubby doesn't
- Your husband has to push you out of bed because you are stuck and cant roll
- You swear you smell something even if no one else in the house does
- Your kid gets to eat junk food because you are craving it and didn't feel like hiding it
- You eat chocolate in the bathroom or closet because you don't want to share with your kid
- You get stuck in the booth at a restaurant
- You want to punch people in the face
- You find yourself constantly looking at baby pictures on the internet
- You beg a doctor to put a gigantic needle in your back
- You buy 4 jars of pickles
- You bounce off of things because you forget you have a belly
- You forget you are pregnant and something moves inside of you and you think, "what the hell was that" oh yeah
- You buy the entire grocery store because everything looks so good
- You are craving spaghetti, a hamburger, pizza, ice cream, a pie and a pickle all for the same meal!
- You are SO FULL from dinner and then 5 minutes later you want to eat again
- You get up in the middle of the night to pee for the 100th time and decide its a good time to go eat a snack at 3am
- Colace and miralax are your best friends
- Your secret candy stash has grown 3 times in size
- Your boobs would make Pamela Anderson jealous
- You have to look in the baby isle every single time you go to Target
- You drop something and say screw it and walk away
- You are thirsty ALL THE TIME
- Your husband gains 20 pounds because every time you send him out for food, he has to get something too
- You use your husbands electric razor to shave your legs because its easier and you wont fall on your butt in the shower trying to twist and turn to get around your belly
- You wake up in the dead of sleep screaming in pain from a charlie horse, smack your husband yelling "RUB IT, I CAN'T REACH," and he starts just poking it with one finger because he is dead to the world. Then you yell, "FORGET IT" which promptly wakes him up in a panic to rub it out!!