I found a great recipe on the web for gluten free chicken nuggets. I altered them to also be dairy free and you can't tell a difference at all! Piglet and I made them for dinner tonight and they turned out great! Here is the link to where I found the original recipe, click HERE
I did everything the same aside from using the cheese and seasoned salt.
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk( I used almond milk)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1x1-inch pieces
- 1. Crush cereal, I put it in a zip lock bag and rolled over it with a canned food item from the pantry until it was crushed.
- 2. In a bowl stir together all the dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine the milk and melted butter/margarine.
- 3. Take chicken pieces and cover in liquid ingredients and then put in bowl of dry ingredients and coat and place on cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake 9 minutes, flip chicken pieces and bake another 9 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle!
- Here they are after being baked, made quite a bit!
- Simple as that! Enjoy these healthy homemade chicken nuggets! It's so nice to eat healthy non-processed meals knowing exactly what is in them!!